Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bonus Question: Could this be the greatest 12 months in Atlanta sports history?

My rationale:
-Atlanta Dream reach the Eastern conference Finals
-Atlanta Braves currently 2 games up and poised to win the NL East for the 1st time in 5 years
-Atlanta Falcons coming off back-to-back winning seasons and poised to reach the Playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years
-Atlanta Hawks are readying for a 4th straight playoff apperance
-Atlanta Thrashers have had an extremely productive off season and look to jump back in the Playoffs for the first time in 4 years.

-Oh yeah, this urban university in Atlanta is 2 days away from kicking off in the Georgia Dome.

2 comments:

  1. Difficult to argue with this, aside from the year The Falcons went to the Superbowl. As a die hard Hawks fan, I find it really hard to get excited about the upcoming season. But GSU kicking off trumps all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not fear about the Hawks. I'm a lifelong Hawks fan as well. Yes there was little changes to the important peices. I still haven't found out why this is a bad thing. Top 9 scorers return.

    They replaced Mario West, Randolph Morris and Joe Smith with Jordan Crawford, Josh Powell and Etan Thomas (deal should be done as soon as Rick SUnd returns from vacation).

    I have a motto that I live by and I use in sports as well: "Be better today, than you were yesterday." The Hawks are better than they were last season and have added 2 peices to battle Dwight Howard and the Magic (who I believe got a little weaker in the off season).

    ReplyDelete