Tuesday, November 2, 2010

AJC: Coach Rod Barnes Q&A

Oh yeah, Basketball Season is Here: More good work by our guy Ken at the AJC: AJC Link

Who are two teams that will compete for the national championship?
Barnes: I think Duke is one team and I think Michigan State.

Complete this sentence. College basketball would be a better game if…
Barnes: I think maybe if the season were shorter (in terms of games). I think our season is so long now that I think even some of the best teams run out of gas.

Who's the most improved player on your team?
Barnes: Jihad Ali. Last year he had some games where he scored over 20 a game and I think this year he will have the opportunity to be our leading scorer. I think he would be the guy who would be the surprise, the guy that'll be talked about.

What's a fair criticism of you?
Barnes: A fair criticism is I'm a coach who probably puts more time in and works more time on his defense and sometimes his offense struggles.

What's the best book you've read recently?
Barnes: I would say probably a book I read called "The Rules of Engagement -- The Eight Principles of Leadership."

No comments:

Post a Comment