Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brookwood HS QB Ben McLane Commits to GSU

State Champion Ben McLane Headed to Georgia State

According to the AJC’s Michael Carvell, Brookwood HS QB Ben McLane of the AAAAA State Champion Brookwood Broncos has verbally commited to Georgia State today and will sign his LOI on Wednesday.

“Coach Curry said we have a great thing going on here on Georgia State, and we want you to be a part of it,” McLane said. “I was sold after my official visit. I told Coach Curry that I’m on board, and that’s an honor to be part of building this new football program into one with rich tradition.”


The 6’1, 215lbs signal caller was targeted late in the recruiting process and it was no secret that Coach Curry desired a QB in this cycle. McLane was a 3 year starter for the Broncos in a very run first scheme. He is an above average athlete, very accurate and can throw the deep ball well.

“I wanted to be part of a startup program that is fairly new,” McLane said. “Georgia State has a great coaching staff, and it’s just a great opportunity. My gut instinct told me that it is the right place for me.”

He looks to likely take a Redshirt in the Fall and compete for a back up role in 2012. He is the 5th HS prospect to commit in this cycle.  He looks like he could gain 8-10lb of quality muscle.

2010 Stats: 144 /237 (61%) , 2342 yards and 15 TDs

2009 Stats: Completed 58% of his passes for 1790 yards and 16 TDs

No comments:

Post a Comment