Monday, January 3, 2011

Florida Kicker Benvenuto Verbals to Georgia State!

Dome Bound!
Photo Courtesy of the Dayton Beach News Journal

According to the Daytona Beach News Journal, Matanzas HS (Palm Beach, FL) Kicker Christian Benvenuto has verbally committed to the Panthers.  Rivals.com lists him as their #14 kicker in the country.  We were his only confirmed offer with Auburn, Florida and Georgia Southern showing interest.  The 6'2, 190lbs Benvenuto is now the 6th commitment of this recruiting cycle and 3rd HS prospect to verbal.


Christian at UF's Friday Night Lights

The most amazing thing? He can kick with both feet! "

When I punt with my left foot, I'll roll out and hit the middle of the ball, and it takes off, whichever way it wants to," the 17-year-old said. "If I kick with my right foot, I can hit it longer. When I punt with my left foot, it probably goes 20 yards in the air. Once it hits, it takes off and goes."

Another blast unleashed by Benvenuto

2010 Stats: 5/8 on FGs and 25/26 on Extra Points.

For comparison sake, we signed Patrick Baker out of Vero Beach in 2009 and ESPN Scouts, Inc. rated him the #66 Kicker in Country.  Baker was booted before Fall practice for violation of team rules.

Benvenuto's Rivals.com Profile

YouTube Highlights #1

YouTube Highlights #2

Daytona Beach News Journal Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment