Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Quick Hitters - 7.8.10

-Coach Barnes on the Hot Seat? There has been a ton of speculation about the possibility that this could be Coach Barnes' last season at Georgia State.  I'm not sure I agree with that and here's why: he has two years at $200K per season left on his contract. I'm not confident that our current administration would like to pay CRB and a new coach roughly the same amount of money at the same time.  Yes, I do understand it's extremely difficult to recruit with no long term contract in place but I do not believe that CRB or staff has justified themselves for an extension.

-Football Schedule Promotions - As seen in this photo, we have several promotions planned for our 7 home games including: Patriot's Day (attracting military service men and women), GSU Day (a call out to all employees) Kids Day (another fantastic way to bring loud voices in) and "Dome"coming (Homecoming, ahh this is what this feels like).  I'm sure a Parents Weekend will develop as well (if it hasn't already).  Great job again by new hires Tina Kelly and Ike Fullard.  They are open to ideas just don't go crazy.
 
-Football Season Ticket Update: 2,400 sold.  It's really beginning to pick up.  I absolutely expect 3,000 to be a number to hit by the end of August (if not sooner).  A credit to Kevin Miller, Ford Williams and that group.
 
-Alabama cancels classes for Friday, November 19th, will we follow suit?  It's not likely because of the fact that Thanksgiving break is the following week but I have a hunch that Friday, September 3rd may be a no class day.  I'll keep you posted if anything moves there.  Tide Link

No comments:

Post a Comment