Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Football grabs Rivals.com #10 FB Cole Moon




Georgia State got probably its most significant commitment since quarterback Drew [Little] agreed to sign on when Cole Moon pledged Sunday night to sign with the Panthers. The 6-foot-3, 205-pound fullback from St. Pius is rated a three-star prospect by Rivals.com.  In the end it came down to State and Georgia Southern for Moon, who wanted to play close to home. “I’m really excited about playing there,” Moon said Monday afternoon. “They have a great coaching staff and I know a lot of kids on the team. I had a couple of other offers but this is just a great situation.” Moon garnered recruiting interest from Purdue, Western Kentucky and Southern Miss and had offers from the service academies and Georgia Southern.

Rivals.com Link: http://rivals.yahoo.com/sectionsports/football/recruiting/player-Cole-Moon-73299

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0IxHF4xL4

AJC Link: http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010/01/26/ten-at-10-georgia-state-nabs-one-of-its-best-recruits/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

2 comments:

  1. Dude! this blog is awesome!!! So glad i found this.

    I am also really gald you caught the Drew Little mistake. I just got done writing an unhappy email to the ajc about it.

    do you do much sports writing? i am in contact with the people at rivals about starting a GSU site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the blog. Certainly check out PantherTalk.com as well.

    I majored in print journalism at State and I was tired of our lack of coverage. Rivals.com is a tough nut to crack as many supporters of the program can't be associated with the site because the university can't be a part of sites that talk to recruits.

    It's a slippery slope. I always give my opinion and have many, many recruiting sources that I cite. I don't want to break stories. I just want to maximize our exposure.

    Email anytime at gstateben@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete